To All Summit Patients, Family and Friends:
We are excited to announce that our practice is now open. We are complying with the recommendations of the ADA, AAO, and Mandates from the State of Colorado, the CDC and OSHA. We have new protocols that we must follow and appreciate in advance your assistance with these new guidelines to ensure the safety of you, the patient, families, colleagues and my staff.
New Patient Protocol:
- As we schedule new appointments you will be asked a series of questions regarding COVID-19. Please know your temperature will be taken when you come in for your appointment. If your temperature is above 99.4, your appointment will be rescheduled. You will have to wait 14 days to be seen.
- We will ask you to call from your vehicle in the parking lot that you have arrived for your appointment. Once the patient is ready to be seen, we will call down to you so that you/patient can enter the office for the appointment. There will be no waiting in the reception area at this time. Once we call you, you will be immediately seated in the clinic.
- We ask patients over the age of 10 come to the appointment without a parent. If the patient is under the age of 10, only one parent or guardian can accompany them and needs to be wearing a mask. We will NOT be providing masks for you.
- When you enter the office, we will require you to use hand sanitizer and your temperature will be taken. If a parent or guardian is with the patient, they will also have their temperature taken.
- You must brush your teeth BEFORE coming to your appointment. The tooth brushing station at this time is closed! However, before being seen you will be asked to rinse your mouth with a Listerine Antimicrobial for 30 seconds. This rinse assists getting rid of bacteria/virus in your mouth.
- Once the appointment is complete, we will send the patient back to your vehicle. We will call you immediately to make the following appointment. If you are the patient being seen, you can schedule your next appointment upon completion of being seen.
- Please call if you need more wax or elastics. We can send them to you in the mail or have them at the front desk for you to pick up.
As a reminder monthly payments were suspended for April but are now activated this month.
We are very excited to be back at work and seeing our patients! We have missed you!! We ask for your patience during this transition back. We hope by the fall we can ease some of the protocols that we must now take to ensure minimal exposure for our patients and our team!
Dr. Wiggins and the Staff at Summit Orthodontics